Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Grandmother's Angels

Good Morning all,

This story comes from my grandmother when she was a little girl, and her mother was about to pass over to the other side. My grandmother was a very wise and intuitive person far beyond her 97 years of living. When we were little and growing up, my grandmother would tell us all the time about the angels that came to take away her mother. She explained to us (my sister and myself) that the angels were 2 little lights, no bigger than a light from a flashlight. She said that the angels were there to take her mom away because she had been sick for a while and wasn't getting any better. When the two little lights appeared, her brother noticed them and called out to my grandma to look at the lights. She told us the lights came into her mom's bedroom, got her mom, and then left out through the front door. When they went into the room where her mom was, they apparently didn't believe she really left with the angels, but to their surprise, it was true! The angels came and took her away... After days pass at the funeral, my grandma told us that she was hurt and crying over her mom, when a voice came to her and said, "Look up, crying ain't gone bring her back!" All our lives, we've heard my grandma would talk about this, and even now that she's gone, I still look back and over my shoulders to see if she's there. I know this may sound silly, but when I'm down and out and really feeling bad, I think about how she loves us and will do anything for us. She makes us feel safe and wanted when the world felt cold and lonesome. And when her time came to leave us, I know two very special angels came and took her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment