Monday, August 31, 2009

My Father's Accident

Hello All,

Months before my dad got sick and hospitalized, I had a very disturbing dream that he was in a car accident and died. In the dream, I saw my father in his truck, as usual, coming down the highway in a rain storm trying to make it back home. He was driving along and lost control of his truck in the storm. The truck spun out of control and turned upside down on him ... He was trapped inside the truck and buried in a large pool of water along the highway. All of my dreams and nightmares couldn't compare to watching my father buried in the pool of water with no one around to help him! Never in my wildest of dreams had I ever saw something so real and so intense until this dream! My dad was buried and I couldn't do A DAMN THING, but call out to him in shock! It was like someone was showing me this to help save him from this fate... As if, I was right there with him watching as the turn of events took place! The horror and the pain went on as I awakened screaming out, "LORD Save MY DADDY! Don't Take Him this Way.... Please Lord, Please Don't Take him!" After that cry out, I sat in my bed holding myself and crying harder than I ever cried before. It was SO real and so intense that I could reach out and touch the very waters that seemed to drown my dad. I was in total disbelief and in a state of shock when I found out from him months later that this had actually happened! He told me that the truck turned on its side and he jumped out just before it stared to turn over. I asked him how he got the truck back on its side and he told me that his friend dove into a huge pool of water where the truck was to find him! When he stood there, I can see that he had this look of AWE as he went on and on about how his friend, Bo, dove in to help him as he stood there by the water untouched! HELL, he was watching his friend jump in and look for him! That night, we looked at the truck and THANKED GOD that he was still here for us. My dad told me that he was forever greatful to his friend Bo for diving in after him! NO, I'm forever greatful the LORD who really heard my plea and didn't take him! Not until much later, but that's another story...

We Love Ya' Jerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment