Monday, September 21, 2009

My Dad's passing

from July 10th, 2008 ...

Yesterday, my dad died! I am sooo hurt and stunned that I just don't know how or what to say about how I trully feel inside! Somtimes I feel hurt, sad, shock, confused, disappointment, anguish -- all rolled into one big pain. I never thought THAT DAY has come that I'd have to say good bye to a parent. It's bad enough that I just barely stopped crying over my grandmother, now I'm back on tear after tear having to say good bye to my father of 30 years.... Yes, 30 years that he's been married to my mom -- 2 grown kids, 29 and 26, or 30 and 27 in October and August. He has one other son that's 32 -- before our time. The whole time we've known him, it was never one ordeal after another, never any fighting in the streets, arguing with the neighbors, keeping up hell with the police, or any of that mess! It never even crossed my mind that I'd have to say good bye yet again to someone who's so compassionate and loving to all -- not just to his family. At times, I felt jealous that he'd spend a little more time at a friend's house, or just being out and about. But who am I to be so selfish and keep him to myself and hidden away from the rest of the world?! OR Who are we to stop him from being the person he is -- VERY Friendly, descent, and caring. He was a peaceful, fun-loving man who enjoyed a good laugh, wrestling, the show Las Vegas, trucks, football, and the 49ers! He will be missed and loved dearly!

To all my friends and family, thank you and keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment