Friday, July 16, 2010

2 Years to the Day of my Dad's Funeral

2 Years ago today, my dad's funeral took place. It was one of the longest days of my life, and sad to say, all I wanted then was for the day to be over with! I remember walking into the church and getting ready to be seated, but I just can't get past anything after the tears started to flow! As I sat there, all I could do was hold my mom and cry! I felt as though I had lost the world ... How could this happen, where was I when the world stopped turning, and time stopped? This is the longest day of my life! As the emotions took ahold of me, screaming in pain is all I could think of, especially since everyone was so upbeat and happy. My daddy is gone, and with every thought, every breath I took, I wanted to explode with emotion. I remember wanting to just run from the church and scream at the top of my lungs, "I want him back, How could you do this to me, How could you take him from us, and Why does it have to be my dad?" All of this was swearling inside of my mind like echoes in a canyon, or ripples in water. What would I do next without him? How am I supposed to live and learn to love without his teaching me what I need to know about relationships, or how to be a good boyfriend, how to get-along with a spouse, or another loved-one? Damn, most of the time when he was talking, why wasn't I listening to his wisdom, his know-how, his words to change my way of thinking, or my true way of life? What was I doing, and why the Hell is this such a long-ass day! Agony...  Make it stop, someone help me breathe ...! I can't think straight, talk, or even think about anything else but him! Why'd he have to go, why Lord, why?

Where Do We Go From HereWhere Do We Go From Here

No comments:

Post a Comment