Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Voice in The Dark

The Voice in the Dark

A couple of nights ago, I was in my bed and about to doze off to sleep when I heard a female voice calling out to me by name. "Kenyon," the voice said. It was a familiar voice that came from my past, that I'd heard of once before, but thought that it was a voice of someone I worked with, or a friend from the past. As I lay there wondering about who the voice was, and where it came from, I began to think of the lady I work with, and the toubles she's going through. She told me, after I had this encounter, that her friend back where she is from, committed suicide. Prior to this knowlegdge, I'd actually heard other co-workers saying what happened to her, but nevertheless, I felt the pain that she was going through, and thought that she was calling out to me! Her voice was the same, but different somehow... Maybe without knowing it, she called out to me, just as I was going to sleep, or just as my defenses were down. Either way, I welcome the chance to help her, or anyone out there that needs me, or anything I have to offer! Now, as I sat and talk with my co-worker, she began to tell me about her friend, and how she began to call him, but had forgotten. The day she was gonna call him, or the day after, he committed suicide. I couldn't begin to tell her how aweful I felt inside for her, and to know what that feeling of hurt and anguish was! I wanted so badly to reach out and hug her, for the pain I felt that she was having inside, but couldn't, due to the overwhelming problems with communications at the workplace! Whether or not she knows it, I'll be there for her and anyone else, forever if need be! Just call on me, and I'll be there!

Lord, please continue to love and bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment